UNOFFICIAL HI-POINT 9 mm COMP
Unofficial HI-POINT 9mm COMP page was started by me to be an unofficial reference for the 9mm Compensated HI-Point handgun made by Beemiller Inc. Ohio USA. Distributed by MKS Supply.
MODEL 'B' The newest Model
MY Opinion: On 9/11/2001 My model 'A' Hi-Point was on it's way to beemiller for a going over. It had an accdential discharge on two matches. I suspected the sear spring was a little light. Within a week the armourer called to talk about the handgun. Yes the sear spring was light, that is why the AD. He first asked me about how I carved lines in the back and fore strap of the hand grip. I told him I used an engraver set on max. I did this to help with grip. He asked because he wanted to redo the frame..ie. put it through the injection molder. This is my writeup on the new Model 'B' and the changes that were made to enhance the quality of the handgun. I have shot about 600 rounds.
MAJOR NOTE :** Magazines will cause jams when they get old, bent etc.. When it jams buy a new mag or learn how to adjust. July 2001
AMMO: I use Winchester 9mm 115g FMJ Bulk 100 rounds per box. under 11$ at Walmart. I use this ammo for pratice and USPSA/IPSC matches.
Personal Defense I use Speer 9mm + P 124 g Gold Dot HP
IMPROVEMENTS / Changes MODEL 'B'
The Frame: The frame has molded lines on the fore and backstrap of the grip. Frame under the grip has extra poly to help with movement. the Screws that hold the grips on are now blued.
Sights: Sights are now floresant Orange front and back. Ask Hi-Point to send the rear Ghost Site. I installed the round ghost sight and used hi gloss white on the ghost Site. Help to acquire the target quicker.
SLIDE: Slide is now lighter , less box like.
MATCH GRADE BARREL: Beemiller installed a Match Grade Barrel for me as a favor. It kicks more since the bullet is held tighter.
Accuracy: Standing two hand 21 feet (7 yds) 5 shots 1 inch group.
Model 'A' 2 years ago ACCURACY – 5 rounds @ 15 feet 2 inch group 5 rounds @ 12 feet 1.5 inch groups
Looks like I am getting better.
1. Well are you able to follow directions? Have no problem assembling 30 parts. Like working with your hands? Well you are in the minority. Lots of people try to take this handgun apart and it ends up back at the dealer / factory. SO if you are not sure or confident that you can do this DON'T.
2. To Disassemble: Make sure handgun is unloaded. Make sure you have a parts diagram. This will come with the handgun. Write/Call HI-POINT if you do not have the diagram. or Parts Diagram You will need to purchase a 1/8 inch roll pin punch. About 5$. Push the slide all the way back and engage safety to second holdback notch. Through the first safety notch you will see a hole with the 1/8 inch roll pin. Use the pin punch to remove. I use a wooden crab mallet. You do not have to use a lot of force to remove the pin. Pull the back part of slide up then forward to remove the slide.
3. Remove all parts. clean all parts. I use White Lightning Metal Prep to clean. Check for roughness. Use nylon stockings to catch the burrs. Use a diamond stone/ Dremel tool (stones and buffing pad with jewlers polishing paste ) to smooth pieces.
4. Ramp Feed. Check for roughness. Should be smooth as glass. Use dremel tool / polish. No BURRS also Flute the rear of the chamber.
1. Always clean your mags!!!!. Keep them clean and use slicone and buff off.
Check the piece on top of the mag spring for bending.
Over time and depending on use of flat tip ammo I found rounds that would become 90 degrees to the top of the magazine. By checking the width of the mag tang towards the feed ramp you may need to pinch in the case a little. It worked for me.
2. Use a plastic tumbler and some handi wipes with Slicone and tumble your rounds then dry on paper towel. Back into the box.
CLEARING JAMS :
All guns jam once and a while. Since I tend to misfeed or jam once in a match I have been learning how to clear the chamber and get right back shooting. So far two types of jam.
JAM ONE - Bullet misfeed. Only one round but didn't seat in chamber.
Tap Mag up. Pull back slide to eject misfeed round. let slide go, will rechamber new round
JAM TWO- Case still in chamber ( Not ejected) new round misfeed. This is the most time consuming jam.
Execute clearing while pulling back the slide flick/twist the hangun to the right (the barrel is still facing forward) This will usually get rid of the spent case and the round that is jammed at the same time. It is a faster technique than dropping the magazine.
Then if still jammed drop the magazine and allow the case and misfeed round to come out the magazine well. Reload.
Special Thanks to Mr. Paul Mason for tips in tuning especially in the Magazine department. Too many other articles and people to mention.
Big thanks to the FOLKS at BEEMILLER, MKS SUPPLY & Hi-Point. Thanks for the firing pins and springs. Not to mention all the extras.....Great Service.
If you have any questions you can email me at
|SAFETY FIRST - when you are dead you don't get a second chance|
©Copyright 1998 - 2002 William E.
Owings Mills, Maryland